The importance of using Gas Safe engineers



The importance of using Gas Safe engineers


When it comes to the safety and wellbeing of yourself, your employees or your tenants, cutting corners to save money is never a good idea. In the event of needing to call out a gas engineer for an emergency or for an annual gas safety check, you should always go for one who is included on the Gas Safe Register (formerly known as the CORGI register).

The Gas Safe Register lists the businesses and operatives who are competent to undertake work on both piped natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) work across the UK. Gas Safe registered engineers carry an identity card with them which people can ask to see before they have any gas work carried out in the house or workplace. On the front of the identity card, you can see the engineer’s photo, registration number and expiry date, while on the back it will list the different categories of work that the engineer is qualified to undertake such as boilers, cookers and gas fires.
You can then head to the Gas Safety website to search for an engineer to verify that they are on the register.

Landlords are duty bound to provide a Gas Safety certificate to their tenants, which will be received at the end of their annual Gas Safety check at the property. During the Gas Safety check, an engineer will verify that your boiler, gas meter and gas pipework is in a proper working condition.

If you are carrying out any improvements, it is not worth risking yours or somebody else’s safety by trying to fit, move, take out or fix any gas appliances yourself. Unsafe gas work could lead to a gas leak, exposure to carbon monoxide, fire or an explosion.


Drewsons Mechanical Services is proud to be on the Gas Safe Register. Our engineers are qualified to carry out a whole host of services including on gas fires, cookers and pipework in both domestic and non-domestic properties.

For more information on The Drewitt Group or how the Drewsons Mechanical Services can be of assistance, simply email us or call 01202 575757.



News Archives: